Updated: May 18, 2020
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Preparation Time: 5 mins
800g fillets fresh Regal Salmon
½ cup instant polenta
2 cups (500 ml) water
1 cup (250 ml) milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
50g grated parmesan cheese plus extra for garnishing
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
2 lemons, zest and juice of
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
½ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut each fillet of Regal Salmon in half to make two thin steaks. Leave the skin on and remove any bones. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the water and milk in a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down. Mix in the oil, then polenta and salt, stir constantly to prevent polenta from burning. Continue until polenta is a thick porridge, about 5 minutes (the time will depend on what type of polenta you are using). Add grated parmesan, cover and keep warm while cooking the salmon.
3. Heat a large heavy-based frying pan or grill plate on a medium heat. Fry each of the fillets, starting with the skin side first, until skin has browned. Then fry each side for 1 minute. Allow to rest for 2 minutes, before serving.
4. Make the dressing, by mixing together all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Warm together the dressing ingredients over a low heat, for 2-3 minutes. Stir well to combine.
5. Divide the polenta into four bowls. Top with Regal Salmon fillet, steamed broccoli florets and sprinkle with extra grated parmesan and plenty of the warm lemon dressing.